Thursday, June 16, 2011

June is the Busiest Month

(image from Flickr user kogakure)

It all started on Sunday June 12 when I saw a post from Night Shade Books that Happily Ever After had gotten a starred review from Library Journal. Shortly after that, they posted that Publishers Weekly had also given the reprint anthology a starred review. Wow. That's pretty awesome. And they weren't finished. Later in the same day, Night Shade posted a link to an interview I did with Diamond Book Distributor about the anthology and other publishing things.

On Monday June 13 we relaunched the Electric Velocipede website.

On Tuesday June 14 the Amazon blog Omnivoracious posted an interview I did with Jeff VanderMeer. I've known Jeff for a long time and I'm a huge fan of his work. It was great to get a chance to talk to Jeff about the book. We did the interview a while ago, and I had kind of forgotten about it while I was focusing on the website. I'm very grateful that Jeff thought to do this, I hope I sound fairly intelligent. Any flaws with the interview are mine.

Wednesday June 15 saw a post on the amazing io9 of an interview I did with Fables creator Bill Willingham, who had written the introduction to Happily Ever After. When I did this interview, I had no idea where it would appear, and like the Omnivoracious interview, had almost forgotten we did it. Bill's a great interview, so I hope people dig it.

Not to be out-done, my library career reared its head on Thursday June 16. Last year I wrote an article for Library Journal's BookSmack! online column: "Steampunk: 20 Core Titles." They asked me to update it for this year, and I wrote "Steampunk: 13 Titles to Update Your Collection." These have been a ton of fun to write and good preparation for the readers advisory book I'm writing for the American Library Association.

I hope next week is a little more sedate.

No comments: