Wednesday, November 29, 2006

do libraries make you hungry?

I have to get something that's been troubling me off my chest.

Am I the only one who is shocked by the library staff's complete preoccupation with food. It's probably just me, but it seems like food creeps into conversations among co-workers a lot around here. I never knew it was possible to have a conversation about what you plan to have for dinner--or, even worse, what you had for dinner the night before--until I began working at a public library. Staff get so worked up over these discussions that you'd think they were discussing a solution to the war in Iraq. And judging from their conversations, it seems that I'm the only who considers half a can of Pringles and some grape soda as a proper dinner. My nutrients come from multi vitamins.

Tags:

4 comments:

John Klima said...

Mmmmm...food.

meika said...

only on rainy days

Anonymous said...

Or days that end in y

Anonymous said...

Food! There is definitely something about curling up with a book and something tasty to eat that just seem to go well together. So many librarians I know are both gourmet and gourmand consumers.