Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summer Reading Programming #2

We made Gocks (Goth Sock Puppets) except for me. I made a Pock (Punk Sock Puppet) since there were no Goths when I went to High School, I had to go with what I knew.

Here's some photos:

pre craft

my gock

the back of my gock

me and my gock

gock craft

gock craft

It was pretty fun, but it was quick. I wish I had known that the craft was only going to take about 40 minutes; I would have planned something else. As it was, I just had the teens make more Gocks. They really liked the concept, so they had fun making them.

Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see this post-- I'm planning a Gock program at my library and would be very grateful for tips and suggestions-- in particular, what supplies did you lay in, and how did the teens attach the accessories to the puppets? (I was thinking that glue might take too long to dry, glue sticks wouldn't work very well, and safety pins, while very punk, will only take you so far...)

--Els Kushner
North Vancouver District Public Library
kushnere@nvdpl.ca